I grew up in England and moved to the Basque Country in 2005 to learn Basque, Europe's oldest language. I am a Partner and Design Director at di-da, a leading branding and publicity agency, specialising in Basque cultural campaigns and brand strategy.
My work centres around effectively representing values, vision and purpose, both visually and verbally. I believe in intelligent design.
This site features some of my design work as well as thoughts on branding and life experiences.
I love people and have a natural ability to network, communicating fluently in English, Basque or Spanish.
In 2012 I co-founded Cross Culture Surf, a non-profit association that uses the sport and culture of surfing to bring people together, embrace diversity and to promote cultural awareness.
Some of my work has featured in design publications such as:
• Brandemia - Emun brand identity case study
• Relogo - redesigning the brand, Sandu
• Los Logos 6, Gestalten 2012
• Los Logos 5: Compass, Gestalten 2010
• Los Logos 4, Gestalten 2008
I am grateful to have shared with different audiences, in English, Basque and Spanish on a variety of subjects from branding to Basque identity.
• YWAM, Biarritz, 2014 (An introduction to the Basque Country)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2014 (Applied Graphic Design
• Papel y Pixel design conference, Barcelona, 2013 (Basque cultural campaigns)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2013 (Branding: Reputation vs Representation)
• Enpresarean, Donostia, 2012 (Brand strategy and the design process)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2012 (An introduction to branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2011 (An introduction to branding)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2010 (Corporate identity design)
• Basque Summit, Seattle, USA, 2008 (Contemporary Basque Culture)