Born and raised in the UK, I moved to the Basque Country in 2005 to learn Euskara, Europe's oldest language. Today I am a Partner and Creative Director at di-da, a leading branding and publicity agency, specialising in Basque cultural campaigns.
My work centres around effectively representing values, vision and purpose, both visually and verbally. I believe in intelligent design.
This site features examples of my design work as well as some thoughts on branding, naming and life observations.
I love people and have a natural ability to network, communicating fluently in English, Basque or Spanish.
In 2012 I co-founded Cross Culture Surf, a non-profit association that uses the sport and culture of surfing to bring people together, embrace diversity and to promote cultural awareness.
Some of my work has featured in design publications such as:
• Brandemia - Emun brand identity case study
• Relogo - redesigning the brand, Sandu
• Los Logos 6, Gestalten 2012
• Los Logos 5: Compass, Gestalten 2010
• Los Logos 4, Gestalten 2008
I am grateful to have shared with different audiences, in English/Basque/Spanish on a variety of subjects from branding to Basque identity.
• YWAM, Biarritz, 2014 (An introduction to the Basque Country)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2014 (design and branding)
• Papel y Pixel design conference, Barcelona, 2013 (design and branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2013 (Branding: reputation VS representation)
• Enpresarean, Donostia, 2012 (Brand strategy and the design process)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2012 (An introduction to branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2011 (An introduction to branding)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2010 (Corporate identity design)
• Basque Summit, Seattle, USA, 2008 (The Basque Country - a window on Basque culture)