Through relevant, visual storytelling, I help bring projects and ideas to life.
My work centres around effectively representing values, vision and purpose, both visually and verbally. I believe in strategic, intelligent design that helps to build and develop brands with a healthy reputation, rooted in confidence and trust.
I love people and have a natural ability to network, communicating fluently in English, Basque or Spanish. Since 2005, I have been a Partner and Design Director at di-da, a Basque publicity agency. This website features a variety of case studies from my work as a professional as well as a freelance graphic designer.
In 2012 I co-founded Cross Culture Surf, a non-profit association that uses the sport and culture of surfing to bring people together, embrace diversity and to promote cultural awareness.
Some of my work has featured in design publications such as:
• Brandemia - Emun brand identity case study
• Relogo - redesigning the brand, Sandu
• Los Logos 6, Gestalten 2012
• Los Logos 5: Compass, Gestalten 2010
• Los Logos 4, Gestalten 2008
I am grateful to have shared with different audiences, in English, Basque and Spanish on a variety of subjects from branding to Basque identity.
• YWAM, Biarritz, 2014 (An introduction to the Basque Country)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2014 (Applied Graphic Design
• Papel y Pixel design conference, Barcelona, 2013 (Basque cultural campaigns)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2013 (Branding: Reputation vs Representation)
• Enpresarean, Donostia, 2012 (Brand strategy and the design process)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2012 (An introduction to branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2011 (An introduction to branding)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2010 (Corporate identity design)
• Basque Summit, Seattle, USA, 2008 (Contemporary Basque Culture)