Your brand is only as strong as your reputation.
Make sure your message is clear.
Hi, I'm Joseba Attard, a Creative Director based in the Basque Country. I believe in strategic, intelligent design that helps build brands rooted in confidence and trust.
My work is to effectively represent values, vision and purpose, both visually and verbally. Through relevant storytelling, I help bring projects and ideas to life.
In my spare time, I am either surfing, shearing sheep or picking mushrooms :)
Some of my work has featured in design publications such as:
• Brandemia - Emun brand identity case study
• Relogo - redesigning the brand, Sandu
• Los Logos 6, Gestalten 2012
• Los Logos 5: Compass, Gestalten 2010
• Los Logos 4, Gestalten 2008
I am grateful to have shared with different audiences, in English, Basque and Spanish on a variety of subjects from branding to Basque identity.
• YWAM, Biarritz, 2014 (An introduction to the Basque Country)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2014 (Applied Graphic Design
• Papel y Pixel design conference, Barcelona, 2013 (Basque cultural campaigns)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2013 (Branding: Reputation vs Representation)
• Enpresarean, Donostia, 2012 (Brand strategy and the design process)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2012 (An introduction to branding)
• University of Mondragon, Basque Country, 2011 (An introduction to branding)
• University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, 2010 (Corporate identity design)
• Basque Summit, Seattle, USA, 2008 (Contemporary Basque Culture)
Articles / interviews
• Gara newspaper (March 10, 2013 - Basque)
• Anboto newspaper (November 13, 2011 - Basque)
• Cross Culture Surf in Gaur 8 magazine (November 2, 2012 - Basque)
• Korrika design process in Gara newspaper (April 9, 2011 - Spanish)
• Freelance Focus (May 2, 2008 - English)